|Size||5 – 19 Employees|
|Location||Alderley Edge, United Kingdom|
Full-time Job Permanent Graduate
The role will involve supporting Account managers working on ‘client’ accounts, projects and lead
Client projects/campaigns include:
1. Research into market sectors to identify the most appropriate conferences for a client city/venue.
2. Identification, qualification and development of conference buyer leads, understanding the buying process, recruitment of conference ambassadors/local hosts or contacting decision makers (as appropriate) and selling the client’s city or destination.
3. Recruitment of guests for client hospitality events, sales trips etc.
4. Representation of clients at trade events such as exhibitions, hospitality events, buyer forums etc.
The Conference Researcher/Research Assistant role will include (but not limited to) the following tasks:
• Utilising on-line tools, databases, search engines and apps to research, analyse and reach out to potential market sectors, prospects and leads; qualifying these leads against agreed criteria;
• Making direct contact through productive outbound calls and emails to potential prospects/leads i.e. European/International Associations or local academics, doctors and national societies;
• Building and nurturing relationships with these potential prospects/leads;
• Maintaining a clear and concise pipeline of research opportunities, ensuring the pipeline of leads are well organized, following up in a timely fashion and ensuring that ‘call-back’ dates are met and relationships are maintained;
• Entering new leads/data into SFA’s data base system and updating existing records with current research as well as following a continuous data maintenance programme of account profiling and development, keeping detailed notes of all contact history including observations on any buying patterns and decision-making criteria and timeframes;
• Ensuring company reputation is maintained and is in line with relevant legislation e.g. marketing opt outs/unsubscribes etc;
• Supporting account managers as necessary to meet targets and KPIs, weekly, monthly and annually and ensuring that SFA’s obligations in their contract with clients are met;
• Developing a good understanding of our client’s products and services;
• Monitor and keeping up to date with international industry news.
The following list of duties is not an exhaustive list, but an indication of the sort of additional duties the research assistant may be expected to perform:
• cold-calling to a pre-prepared list of prospects in order to schedule face to face sales appointments;
• assist with collection of data for market research surveys;
• post-event follow-up of leads;
• contact name and detail validation/acquisition;
• liaise with clients as necessary;
• attend relevant business tourism industry educational/training events for the purposes of professional and personal development.
The key criteria for this particular role is fluency in written & spoken German and English. The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to work in an organised manner and with tenacity;
- The ability to research, qualify and analyse lead data and large quantities of information accurately and quickly;
- The ability to work to and achieve targets;
- Customer focus and have a determination/hunger to succeed;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy;
- Ability to work positively within a small team;
- Be open to feedback and ability to improve performance.
Minimum English requirements:
Minimum German requirements:
- 28 days paid holiday (inclusive of 8 statutory bank holidays) per annum; • Possible loyalty and/or performance related bonus after 24 months of service; • Pension scheme (over and above Workplace Statutory Pension for staff with SFA more than 3 years); • Easy commute to the office from Alderley Edge train station which is 5 minutes walking distance and easy motorway links to office; • Opportunities for development and progression within growing company; • Regular professional development & training (internal plus attendance at ‘industry’ events) including induction for new starters • Possibilities for flexible working hours/days and/or term time only working • Professional, supportive and fun environment; • Clean modern offices with access to private kitchen.
Last day to apply!